- I had a number of regular writing deadlines this week, as well as a deadline for the first part of a new project that I didn't want to lose. I met all my deadlines, with just a few hours to spare.
- I taught a new class on Wednesday (which went really well, thank you!). There were 19 students and they kept me hopping ALL day. For some settings, 19 may not seem like a lot, but when you're teaching a Level 2 Excel class, there is quite a bit of one-on-one help that is necessary.
- DH was gone Saturday, Sunday & Monday doing a side job out of town, so I didn't have any help with child care and L has become a climbing monkey so I have to *see* her at all times or she gets into trouble.
- So, there have been many late nights as I try to get things done and write coherently after the kids are in bed. (and, yes, I do believe I can write coherently. This post, however, is just a stream of consciousness and therefore may not be coherent.)
- L got horribly sick around 3AM Thursday morning, so my plans to get up early and write disappeared. I also spent a good portion of the day holding the poor, sick babe. It seems like it was just a 24 hour bug, though, as she was pretty chipper this evening.
- I don't have any more deadlines until Monday, so I am about to fall into bed.
- Tomorrow (well, today actually, since it's after 1AM) is cleaning and baking and maybe some wrapping. Saturday we'll decorate our tree (that I put up last weekend.) Oh, and DH & I are going out again! To a wedding reception this time.
- Sunday DH leaves again for 2 days, so actually, I better do some work on Saturday so I don't fall behind before next week even begins.
I know I can make it work. I just haven't quite found the optimum plan to make it all work smoothly. Everything is getting done, except for enough sleep and some household chores. With a bit more tweaking, I am confident that it'll happen.