Mom Central and Suave teamed together to send out a variety of hair care samples to help us have great summer hair. I was excited to receive them, as my hair was dry and dull after months of swimming. I had tried a couple different shampoos this summer, and was just about to try another one when the samples arrived.
I immediately decided to try the Vibrant Shine Shampoo and Conditioner. After just one wash, my hair was definitely softer. After a couple days my hair was sleeker, softer and easier to manage. I know I sound like a commercial, but it's true! LOL! My husband usually uses whatever I have in the shower, and he liked the fact that it didn't have a flowery or fruity scent. He says "It just smells like shampoo."
My sister colors her hair, so I gave her the sample bottles of Color Care shampoo and conditioner. She has long (middle of her back) hair that is very thick. She was happy with both products and said that she would probably buy additional bottles once these were empty.
I also received a bottle of Professionals Extra Hold mousse, which did a nice job of holding shape in my hair and help smooth out the flyaways. It also worked great to spike N's hair!
I shared the can of Extra Hold hair spray with a neighbor who said it worked great for her! She had never tried Suave products before, because she thought they wouldn't work well because they weren't expensive. She was definitely pleasantly surprised!
All the Suave hair care products we tried cost less than $2.50 a bottle. They are definitely a great value (and who can't use a great value these days?) and provide excellent results. The products can be found at drugstores, grocery stores, and mass merchandise stores.
For more information about Suave's hair care products, check out their website! I would have linked to each product, but their site is set up as frames so I wasn't able to link to individual pages.
For some great summer hair care tips from Luke O'Connor, celebrity hair stylist, click the button below and continue reading!
Shine Through Summer
· Chlorine from the pool can quickly turn hair dry and dull. Look for hair products specially-designed to infuse shine. Also, blow dry hair from roots to ends, making sure you do not ruffle your hair. By doing this, you'll keep the cuticle of your hair lying flat, thus reflect more light and producing more shine.
Don't Let Your Hair Fall when Temps Rise
· Hot summer weather and humidity can cause your hair to lose its shape. Apply a little mousse to damp hair to add body and help control your style. For added fullness, flip your head over and blow dry the roots. When you flip your head upright, your hair will be at maximum volume.
Hold That Look
· Heat and humidity can be tough to battle, and here's where the right hairspray comes to the rescue. To keep a soft, full, long lasting look, use an extra hold hairspray and keep the can 8-10 inches away from your head while spraying all over. This allows the fine mist of spray to penetrate the roots and hold the hair in place.
Make Summer Styling Smooth Sailing
· Frizzies and fly-aways suddenly appear during the summer months with humidity at an all-time high. Achieving frizz-free hair starts in the shower with a shampoo and conditioner specially formulated to fight frizz. When blow drying hair, again be sure to blow dry from roots to ends to smooth the cuticle.
Fight the Fade
· Have color-treated hair? Lock in your color and keep hair healthy during the summer by protecting your hair with products designed to fight the elements, such as color-protecting shampoos, waterproof gels, and UV protectors.