- I had almost 24 hours to myself this weekend. Wow, do I crave the silence that I found during that time! It's something that I know, but it's hard to find silence in a house full of children. The boys had planned on a camping trip, and I expected Lydia to stay with me. Instead, she insisted on going! It was close enough that I could retrieve her if necessary, but she's my little adventurer and played all afternoon and then slept in the tent with Daddy and her "bruvers." I took a long nap, went to dinner with my sister, and then went to bed early. It was wonderful, and I'm trying to figure out how to slide more silent times into my life.
- Soccer season is over! Many games were canceled due to rain, which was disappointing for Nate. Basketball doesn't start until June, so I have a couple months free from sports commitments.
- We've spent more time outdoors in the last couple weeks. On a return trip to Boyce Thompson last week, Nate threw his arms around me at one point and said "Thank you so much for bringing me back here!" That boy loves to be outdoors.
- We transferred our wedding video to digital this week. We looked so young! It was fun to watch it, and I wish we would have done it sooner because the videotape definitely degraded in the last 12 years. The bottom 1/4 of the screen is nothing but static, but it was definitely a trip down memory lane to see ourselves and our family and friends on that day in the past.
- It's funny in how much I share here on the blog, yet so much of life is un-bloggable. I hope that readers realize that life is SO much more than the picture painted on this screen. Even those bloggers that appear to be train wrecks, I know that there are certain things that are off-limits for them as well.
- I have many more reviews to get through this month, so I hope everyone bears with me. I have a wonderful pile next to my desk of things I want to share -- but at the same time it seems a bit overwhelming. I've stopped accepting review items until I get caught up, so expect tons of product reviews in the short term.
Tuesday, March 09, 2010
Life is busy as usual, and I have little scribbles of post ideas all over! I decided to throw many of them into one post and cross it all off my to-do list!