Friday, April 27, 2007


Well, I am glad I didn't blow off my non-stress test at the hospital yesterday. The baby was moving around a bunch, as usual -- but her heartbeat was a little faster than they like to see. Then, my blood pressure was high . . . for each of the 9 readings taken while I was there. They decided to run some blood and urine work, and found I'm spilling protein into my urine and my uric acid was off so I'm in early stages of pre-eclampsia. Thankfully, my numbers were low enough that I was able to go home, but it was touch and go for a bit.

I have to go back tomorrow for another NST and more blood/urine work. Depending on the results, we may have to deliver tomorrow. Because of my previous c-section, they won't induce me -- it means another c-section.

I'm still hoping to go into labor naturally, but the hours are getting few for that to happen. Or maybe not. I'm not really sure and I'm trying to give it all up and let what happens happen.

Prayers are appreciated. Mostly for the health of me & my babe and my peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design