I've done this for the last 3 years (2007, 2008, 2009) -- so I figured I may as well do it this year! If you decided to play along on your blog, leave a comment so I can read your 2010 recap.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Traveled to Vancouver, B.C. on business. I'm sure there are more things, but that sticks out right now.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I did keep my big New Year's resolution, but didn't succeed in keeping all of them. And, I will make more for 2011 -- both on the blog and personally.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope. No new babies close to us in 2010.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nobody close to me died in 2010.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 11 -- the day the boys started school and I had to admit that we truly were not homeschooling this year.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Gaining 2 new clients and learning a proprietary software which gives me the opportunity to travel.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Nothing I would share with the Internet :)~
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing serious, thank goodness
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Bo actually bought it for me, but my HP laptop has made teaching so much easier. I was using an old PC laptop to prepare for classes and it was a struggle. I love my MAC, but everything I teach is PC-based so it's necessary.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My boys. They were nervous and scared about starting traditional school, but they stepped up to the challenge and have excelled. I'm very proud of them.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgages, food, travel
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Our trip to the Grand Canyon, out trip to Camp Verde, our trips to Flagstaff, our trip to Disneyland, my business trips to various cities.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
I Gotta Feeling (it's my alarm ringtone, so it starts each morning for me)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) happier; b) about the same; c) richer (it's about time!)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
visited museums and zoos
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Quietly, at home, with my husband, kids & my sister.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Never fell out of love.
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
I'm still a reality-TV junkie. It's ridiculous, but it's mindless. I really enjoyed the new BBC Sherlock Holmes series.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
I Am Hutterite I don't know if it was the best book I read, but it's the one that first came to mind when I read this question. It's a true story of a woman who was raised Hutterite and whose family left the colony when she was 10. Very well-written and extremely interesting.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
This is silly, but there is an Elvis Christmas CD that I bought this year where his voice/music was mixed with contemporary artists. I thoroughly enjoyed it this season.
27. What did you want and get?
More clients, more money, more travel
28. What did you want and not get?
A new cleaning person (mine moved back to Minnesota and I haven't been able to find a suitable replacement yet.)
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
We went to many, many kid movies this year. I really enjoyed Oceans.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I flew across the country on my 43rd birthday with my daughter and sister to visit my parents.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A live-in housekeeper and personal chef
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
33. What kept you sane?
My sweet, loving husband and exuberant children. My sister.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Mark Wahlberg. He's my celebrity boyfriend.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
I'm not a big political issue type of person. I have my views, and I keep them quiet for the most part -- doing what I can to further what I believe is important. Nothing stirred me enough to prompt me to post on the Internet about it.
36. Who did you miss?
Many friends. It's been a year of change and working more after years of not working means that we have to figure out a whole new way of hanging out. We haven't figured it out yet.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Colin's 4th grade teacher. I love how she calls me regularly just to tell me the silly things he does and I love how she truly gets a kick out of my son. She has pushed him in new directions and helped him shape the direction he's headed. I'm grateful for her influence.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right. (Henry Ford)
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Lydia makes up lyrics to absolutely everything that occurs in her life, so the sound of Lydia singing would sum up my year with song lyrics.