I've done this for the last 2 years (2007, 2008) -- so I figured I may as well do it this year! If you decided to play along on your blog, leave a comment so I can read your 2009 recap.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Cooked in Betty Crocker's kitchen, during my very first blogger trip!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did not keep the resolutions made last year - I think life and survival got in the way. I will make more this year, and hope that I can be better about following through!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
For the first year in a long time, nobody close to me gave birth.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nobody close to me died in 2009.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
No specific dates jump out at me - but looking back I realize there was a lot of travel. As a family, we visited Vegas in February, Bo traveled to Boston after he accepted a job there and he took a trip by himself to Milwaukee for a friend's birthday, I traveled to Minneapolis for my blog, Vegas again with my sister, Milwaukee with my sister and daughter.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
It was Bo's hard work and skills and not mine, but the biggest achievement of the year was closing in the back patio so we could give Lydia her own room.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Nothing I would share with the Internet :)~
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, thank goodness
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Roku box. Hands down the best $100 we spent this year! I love Netflix Instant view, but not as much as the kids do!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband -- who has worked so very hard again this year for his family. My kids -- who are all growing into wonderful people.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, groceries, mortgages
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My trip to General Mills. Spending my mom's birthday with her. Vacationing in Vegas with my family and then again with my sister. Not having to buy diapers anymore? My aunt and cousin visiting.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Boom Boom Pow
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) sadder; b) about the same; c) poorer ( I really hope I can post this meme at the end of 2010 and say we're richer again. For the last couple years, I didn't think we could drop any farther in income, but we managed to do it again this year.)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
spent more time with friends - I see more Starbucks dates in 2010!
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Quietly, at home, with my husband, kids & my sister. Unfortunately, everyone was sick this year -- but we still had a nice day.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Never fell out of love.
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
I read many books, but none stand out as the best.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Didn't make one
27. What did you want and get?
Back patio closed in. Lydia out of our room into her own. A new bed.
28. What did you want and not get?
The Beatles: Rock Band
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Tuya's Marriage -- it's from 2007, but I watched it this past year and was moved by it.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I worked on my 42nd birthday. Colin was appalled, but I didn't mind.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning a big lottery
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Frumpy. Gotta change that next year!
33. What kept you sane?
My sweet children and my husband's sense of humor. Friends. Text messages.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I've never been one for celebrity crushes.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
36. Who did you miss?
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Can't name just one!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009 .
Always assume positive intent.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I love you in the morning,
And in the afternoon.
I love you in the evening,
And underneath the moon.
Skin a marinky dinky dink
Skin a marinky doo
I love you!