1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Gave birth to a daughter
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any resolutions last year. This year I resolve to find a way to create a 2nd revenue stream for our household, as thing are ridiculously hard again this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Other than myself, our boys' godmother gave birth to her first child.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my great-uncle died in November. We were lucky enough to see him in August for a family reunion, and got a picture of him with L. They were the youngest and oldest members of the family attending the reunion. I sent a copy of the photo to my great-aunt and she said it was the last photo of him, and was grateful that I sent it.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Money. More Time. Cleaning help again!
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 29 -- birth day of L. August 8 -- 10 year anniversary with DH
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Surviving my pregnancy and giving birth to a healthy, happy baby
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not budgeting as well as I could have
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
The pregnancy was very hard on me, especially the last couple months. Recovering from my c-section was fairly easy, especially in comparison.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mine, on occasion.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, groceries, mortgages
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Welcoming L. Visiting WI with the whole family and seeing tons of family/friends we haven't seen in years.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Huh. I have no idea.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) about the same; b) thinner; c) poorer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
saved more money
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
hanging out at home with my family, playing the new Wii that is our family gift
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Rescue Me (although I wasn't crazy about many of the storylines this year - maybe this was last year's favorite TV show), Heroes
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
I read many, but none come to mind. I think I need to track my books again in 2008.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Renee & Jeremy, It's a Big World. soft, sweet and gentle . . . wonderful music to calm children and myself.
27. What did you want and get?
a healthy baby
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Haven't been to the movies this year . . . except to see a kid's movie and I can't remember what it was. I rented a bunch though -- liked "A Night with the King"
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 40 in November. Celebrated with my parents who came to town! We went to a symphony concert in the afternoon, then had a wonderful homecooked meal eaten outdoors for dinner.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not stressing about paying for the basics in the last few months.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Big and pregnant . . . then nothing fitting because the weight keeps dropping, but the clothes budget is nonexistent.
33. What kept you sane?
snuggling with my husband
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Healthcare in America.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
L. She's made me want to do so much better for our future, and I am amazed at how wonderful she is.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Remember to breathe.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Everything is possible, 'cause you're a miracle"
(Miracle, Renee & Jeremy)