1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
can't choose - like them both!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa doesn't wrap presents
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Multi-colored. White. Red. Blue. Green. We have LOTS of lights -- check back in a couple weeks when we're home from vacation for pics ;)
4. Do you hang mistletoe
5. When do you put your decorations up?
After Thanksgiving, leave until January
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
turkey roasted on the grill by DH - yummmmmmy
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
My parents used to throw a big Christmas Eve party every year. Very fancy, lots of food, lots of family and friends. One year (I was maybe 7?) Santa showed up in the middle of the party. Wasn't until I looked at pics years later I realized it was my grandfather ;)
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I think I was 8 or 9? I don't remember it being a big deal - but I do remember not wanting to admit it bc I was afraid the gifts would stop.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes. Well, the boys do -- usually a gift from extended family. Also pjs, and a special ornament.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
When DH & I were first together, I decorated a tree that was all gold and white. Over the years, it's become much more eclectic with lots of special ornaments that are memories of trips taken, things done, new skills. I loved our tree in the first few years -- but I really love our tree now.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
DREAD IT! That's why we live in Arizona ;)
12. Can you ice skate?
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I remember the year I got a red wagon and a baby doll most clearly. I was 5 maybe?
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Being with my family
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
home-made, decorated Kris Kringle butter cookies
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
putting up outside lights. Our neighborhood goes all out and I love driving down our street during December.
17. What tops your tree?
a Madame Alexander angel tree-topper
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
yum. Especially the softer, old-fashioned kind.